Larry Kosson will serve on the SXSW panel, “In the Wings: Programming Performing Arts Centers.”
In the changing landscape of touring, performing arts centers (PACs) are critical in bringing musicians and audiences together. The process of programming at performing arts centers is shifting with new economic realities and audience expectations. This panel will discuss the different influencers on programming at performing arts centers, and how the decision making process works.
- What are the distinctions between promoters, presenters, curators and producers?
- What is the decision making process for programming at a performing arts center?
- How do performing arts centers in different communities collaborate to develop tours?
- How are performing arts centers serving as incubators for new and developing music performance?
- What factors impact performance fees at performing arts centers?
- Chad Herzog Juniata College
- Joi Brown 4 Site Programming
- Bill Bragin Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- Larry Kosson The Roots Agency